Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm cured!!!

I'm not sure why but I can knit a pair of socks as a gift without a problem but for some reason I have never been able to complete a pair of socks for myself. I've knit single socks for myself but never a pair until now. I finally finished my New Years Day Socks. I participated in a KAL that started on New's Day.

Pattern: New Years Day Socks
(Ravelry link)
Source: http://www.millharrow.com/weblog/front_content.php?idart=146&idsel=182
Yarn: Pagewood Farms Yukon
Color: New Horizon (Less than 1 hank)
Size: To fit size 8 1/2 - 9 shoe size, I completed 7 pattern repeats for the cuff and 14 total repeats for each sock.
Needles: US Size 1
Modifications:I changed the toe by following the decreases until I had 16 stitches left and then I did the kitchner stitch to close the toe. Toe is nice and round. Changed the skp’s to ssk’s throughout the entire pattern.

This is a really great pattern, the lace pattern was really easy to memorize. I would definitely makes these again.

I had to order some sock blockers from The Loopy Ewe for my new socks. If you have never ordered from Sheri before you definitely need to. With your first five orders you receive a small gift and with your 6th order I've heard you receive a fantastic gift and you become a member of the Loopy Groupies club. Also for every $250 you spend you get a $25 credit. I'm sure that won't take me long to get there with all the great yarn, patterns and accessories Sheri has available.

The yarn above is Dream in Color Smooshy in Cocoa Kiss with the great Sock Blocker that I ordered. My free gift was a needle inventory tracker for double points, circulars and straight needles along with some yarn sample cards. I can't wait to place my next order.

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

Very nice! I need to get my socks finished! I keep wanted to get some sock blockers I need to do that one of these days!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! I still haven't casted on for my next pair of socks (I've only made one pair...and they were a gift)