Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yarn, yarn and more yarn

Chicken soup and Thera-Flu is about all I've been doing for the past couple of days. I came down with a chest cold and I feel like *&%$#. Not much knitting, but I have been searching for the perfect sock pattern to knit up my new Red Rocks sock yarn.

I bought this over on Mary-Kay's blog. I think she still has some left if you're interested. I couldn't resist this color, it's called 'It's a Go'. I can't wait to see how this knits up. I haven't made myself socks in a long time. Maybe that's because I usually get second sock syndrome. I prefer double points to knitting two socks at a time but I may need to reconsider that. I have too many single socks knit waiting for their partners.

I'm about half done with my February Lady Sweater. I bought another skein of the Dream in Color. I can't believe that they don't have a dye lot. Check out the difference in these two skeins. They are both November Muse.

Even if I alternate skeins I'm afraid you're really going to be able to see the color difference. The one on the right looks red and the one on the left is reddish brown with some black. Not sure what I'm going to do. I ordered this on-line and I can't remember where I got it. I could rip out what I have and buy two more skeins at my LYS. I guess I'll be putting this to the side while I decide what to do.

I also got some Malabrigo Silky Merino from my LYS, River Color Studio. They have a great selection of yarn. I managed to stay away from the Koigu. They have practically every color you could want. Well, off to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Isn't it a bit early for Christmas cartoons? It is snowing outside.

3 comments:

Michelle B said...

So the crud got you too?! that new yarn is so pretty!

Debbie D said...

Hope you are feeling better.

Sourire11 said...

That sock yarn is really pretty!!!