Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Apple Pie

Last Sunday I made homemade apple pie. Well it was not all homemade because I got a little lazy and bought the pre-made crust.

Recipe:
(Pie Filling)

3 to 4 cups pealed and sliced apples (I like lots of apples in my pie)
3 tsp. flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. butter or margarine
3 tsp. milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon and milk. Stir until the apples are coated. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Cut up butter and place over apples. Place remaining pie crust on top of apples and pinch down edges of crust. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.

Tip: I cover the edges of my pie with tin foil and cook for the first 30 minutes. Then I remove the tin foil and cook for the remaining 15 minutes. This prevents the crust from getting burnt.

It wasn't the best looking pie I ever made, but boy did it taste good. Pie a la Mode with vanilla soy ice cream. Mmmmmm......mmmmm!!!

On the knitting front I started the Shetland Shorty. I got gauge on the suggested needle size but as I knit the garter stitch rows my tension loosened up. I had to rip and restart. I cast on with size 3 needles and am hoping that I get gauge this time. I found so many really cute shortys on ravelry. Check out this one and this one. I already want to make another.

Today is my Grandfather's birthday. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!! He is 81 years young today.

Aren't they cute. I'm very close to my grandparents. I was born when my grandmother was 40 yrs old. She quit her job to stay home and take care of me and eventually my brother. My brother, my mom and I lived with them from the time I was 6 years old until after I graduated from college, which they paid for. I love them and cherish every moment that I spend with them.

1 comment:

Michelle B said...

the pie sounds yummy!

So nice to see a picture of your grandparents after hearing you talk about them!