Sunday, February 3, 2008

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Fun

I had my knitting buddies over last week. We ate a lot, laughed a lot and caught up on knitting projects. There was even a little wine drinking but that was limited because wine and knitting can turn into knitting disasters. Two of our buddies were unable to join us (Christine & Karen). We missed them very much. I met all of these lovely ladies at the Knitting Garden in Westlake Ohio when I taught knitting and crochet classes. The shop has closed but we have all decided that we will have a get together each month. So I decided to have the first party at my place.

(Left to right: Debbie, Robin, Christy and Jackie)

As you can see in the picture Jackie is wearing the Sunrise Circle Jacket that she made. She used Cascade 220. I think she used color (9453). Here is another picture that shows the detail better.

I promised I would post about what projects each of the ladies were working on. Debbie (Ravelry link) was working on the Lace Leaf Scarf. Jackie was working on a Blue Sky Alpaca baby blanket. Robin was working on a Suss Shawl and Christy was working on Drive-Thru from Knit and Tonic. I finished up the capelet that I was working on. The night went by so fast. Too bad we have to wait another month to get together. I will leave you will some pictures of the party favors that I gave each of the ladies. The pink ones are end of row markers.

1 comment:

Susan Cordova said...

First time reading, much appreciate it