Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not Bad for the First Time

I was feeling a little adventurous today and thought I would try to make some stitch markers. All that beading and wire wrapping looks so easy on TV. It's not as easy as they make it look but, I think I did OK for my first try. I will definitely be practicing the wire wrapping.

I made two different types of stitch markers. The ones in the middle were made with flexible bead stringing wire. Since I'm not very good at wire wrapping I thought it would be easier to make this type to fit my larger needles. All the other markers were made using a head pin to string the beads and a jump ring. The markers were quick and a lot of fun to make. If I can figure out how to use my new camera I'll get some better pictures of the how to process and post a tutorial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you on Ravelry! These are great! I also make my own stitch markers, but I don't (yet) blog, so I just comment on others' blogs for now! Again, nice work!

Pam in Elyria
BHS alumni 1986