Saturday, January 5, 2008

December

December was a very busy month. I even managed to finish my Christmas shopping early and had all of my gifts wrapped. It did not seem to make a difference. It left me plenty of time to do other crafting. I visited one of the local garden centers and saw a tree that was decorated with shells and star fish. I loved it but did not want to spend $5 - $7 per ornament.

So I decided to go to Michael's and buy some shells that I could decorate myself. I think I paid about $10 - $15 for all of the shells.First I used white acrylic paint and a dry brush and painted the shells. Then I used glitter glue and some glitter and WHALA I had some ornaments. I also hot glued ribbon to the back so I could hang them and I used a big star fish for the star at the top of the tree. I thought they came out perfect.

I also bought some new
decorations for my fireplaces. First is the first floor fireplace. I decided to get a wreath and garland that had fruit on them. The family room/grate room is open to our kitchen. I added my own lights to the garland and the wreath. I also bought some new stockings and stocking holders from Target.

Second is the fireplace in our basement. I purchased the Christmas stockings and holders at Target also.


I didn't get any pictures of all of the baking that I did. I baked into the wee hours of the morning on more that one night. No knitting content today but I promise in the next few days I will have finished pictures of Cherie Amour. It is blocking now so all I have to do is attach the sleeves. Happy New Year!!!

No comments: